After 12 months Leonora has asked us to take her out of the water to be painted. Having waited for 3 week (or more) we were told that there is a slot in the dry dock for us NOW. Therefore, we have spent the last five days working very hard to get things done. Here some impressions of what we did:
First, we had to lift her up of the water. Special thanks go to our friends Andrea, Jens who helped us so much:
As you can see Leonora was quite dirty even we sailed quiet some distance recently
After high pressure cleaning, we applied one layer of primer as the previous anti-fouling product (BASF Relest) is not available here.
On the next picture you can see Larissa polishing the hull – yes, she did polish the whole hull! You can also see the new anti-fouling layers. We have applied 3 layers (in some areas even more). We decided for Micron EU, a self-polishing product.
The Maxprop was almost out of grease. When pumping grease into it I also found out that some screws were loose.
The exhaust was very corroded. The right thing to do would have been to exchange it. As it is laminated to the hull and no was getting in we decided to fix the problem with maritime sealant.
We are happy to be back in the water now as life in the dry dock is quite uncomfortable: no use of water, 2.5 degree inclination, going up and down the latter all the time, messy boat, etc.